Windows Small Business Server training courses in London:
- Implementing and Administering Windows Small Business Server 2008
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, implement, and manage Windows Small Business Server 2008
This course is intended for technology consultants, system integrators, and in-house technology staff that serve small and medium-sized businesses
You Will Need:
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge and skills equivalent to the following courses:
- Course 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network and Applications Infrastructure
- Course 6424: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System
- Course 5116: Configuring Windows Vista Mobile Computing and Applications
Full price for this 5 day course is £1,655 – our late booking price is now only £1,300 saving £355. Call 0800 2922842 now for details.
Microsoft Visual Basic training courses in London:
Microsoft Visual Basic is a powerful and popular programming tool for Windows application development. For programmers accustomed to more traditional languages, the event-driven style of Visual Basic may be unfamiliar. For those new to application development, Visual Basic is an ideal first programming language.
QA recommend this course as an introduction to Visual Basic for developers, who do not have experience of programming in a Windows environment, and that is followed up by QAs four-day Application Development using Visual Basic course. Development managers may also find the Primer course a useful insight into the fundamentals of Visual Basic. Delegates with little previous programming background are not recommended to attend both courses in the same week, but are instead advised to consolidate their knowledge with practical work before proceeding.
The course is made up of a mixture of lectures and hands-on sessions. Delegates will use Visual Basic to build a small application in four stages. Each stage uses concepts and material covered in the four technical chapters.
You Will Need:
- Delegates must have experience of running Windows-based software packages and be familiar with Windows objects like Buttons, Check Boxes, Option Buttons, Menus, etc. You should know how to create and manipulate text files using a visual editor and be able to analyse, describe and formalise a simple problem. It is an advantage to have written some macros or batch commands.
- If you also have a good working knowledge of a block-structured language, such as C/C++/Java, Pascal/Modula2, Fortran, Algol or PL/1, then you should go straight to the Application Development using Visual Basic course.
Normal price for this course is £480 + VAT – our discounted price is now just £399.
Microsoft SharePoint training courses in Edinburgh on 21/11/2011:
- Configuring & Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
The course teaches students how to install, configure and administer SharePoint, and also manage and monitor sites and users by using SharePoint 2010.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010. The course is also intended for part time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
You Will Need:
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have experience:
- Administering Active Directory: creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, configuring Group Policy
- Administering network infrastructure: DNS, TCP/IP connectivity
- General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint 2010
- Administering SQL Server 2005 or 2008: creating logons, assigning roles, using SQL Management Studio
- One year experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets
- General security and authentication practices
The normal price for this courses is £1655 + VAT but our late booking price is now just £1366, saving you £300. Call now on 0800 2922842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to book your place.
Microsoft SharePoint training course in Leeds on 15/12/2011:
- Introduction to SharePoint 2007 for End Users
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required by an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services v3 / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover how to access SharePoint from a browser or from Office, how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, lists and other items. You will also be shown how to create your own site with both public and private areas, and how to search for information in a portal site.
You Will Need:
- A basic understanding of Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Experience using Internet Explorer or an equivalent browser
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
We are running the following Microsoft Exchange Server training courses in Leeds on 09/01/2012:
- Updating Your Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
The course includes the following topics:
- Describe the new Exchange 2010 features.
- Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 SP1 in an Exchange Server Organization.
- Configure Mailbox servers and Mailbox server components.
- Manage recipient objects, including migrating recipients from previous versions of Exchange.
- Configure the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Configure message transport in Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Configure the secure flow of messages between the Exchange Server organization and the Internet.
- Implement a high availability solution for Mailbox servers and other server roles in Exchange Server.
- Plan and implement a disaster recovery solution for Exchange Server 2010 servers.
- Plan and configure messaging compliance.
- Manage Exchange Server permissions in Exchange Server 2010, and configure Exchange Server security.
- Monitor and maintain the messaging system.
- Upgrading an existing Exchange Server 2007 organization to Exchange Server 2010 SP1
Attendees of this course should have:
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory directory services in Windows Server 2008.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Administrator
- Experience with Exchange 2003 or 2007 would be beneficial but not required.
- Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
This course is 5 days, normal RRP is £1665 + VAT – our price is just £995. For more information on Microsoft exchange Server training courses in Leeds you can call us free on 0800 2922842 or email email@example.com