The primary audience of this course consists of people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. People coming into the course are expected to have at least 3 years experience working in the IT field-typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous versions of Exchange Server.
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
- Experience with the Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory® directory services in Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008.
- Experience managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Administrator
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet and NSLookup.
- Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Basic experience with Windows Mobile
Delegates will learn how to
- Install and deploy Exchange Server 2010.
- Configure Mailbox servers and Mailbox server components.
- Manage recipient objects
- Configure the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure message transport in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure the secure flow of messages between the Exchange Server organization and the Internet.
- Implement a high availability solution for Mailbox servers and other server roles in Exchange Server.
- Plan and implement a disaster recovery solution for Exchange Server 2010 servers.
- Plan and configure messaging compliance
- Configure Exchange Server permissions and configure Exchange Server security for internal and external access
- Monitor and maintain the messaging system
- Transition an Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 organization to Exchange Server 2010
- Configure the Unified Messaging Server role and Unified Messaging components.
- Implement high availability across multiple sites and implement Federated Sharing
Module 1: Deploying Exchange Server 2010
- Describe the infrastructure requirements to install Exchange Server 2010
- Install Exchange Server 2010 server roles
- Complete an Exchange Server 2010 installation
Module 2: Configuring Mailbox Servers
- Describe the Exchange Server 2010 administrative tools
- Configure Mailbox server roles
- Configure public folders
Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
- Manage mailboxes in Exchange Server 2010.
- Manage other recipients in Exchange Server 2010.
- Configure e-mail address policies.
- Configure address lists.
- Perform bulk recipient management tasks
Module 4: Managing Client Access
- Configure the Client Access server role
- Configure client access services for Microsoft® Office Outlook® clients
- Configure Office Outlook Web Access
- Configure Mobile Messaging access to Exchange Server mailboxes
Module 5: Managing Message Transport
- Describe message transport in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure message transport
Module 6: Implementing Messaging Security
- Deploy Edge Transport servers
- Deploy an antivirus solution
- Configure an anti-spam solution
- Configure secure SMTP messaging
Module 7: Implementing High Availability
- Describe the high availability options in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure high availability for Mailbox server databases
- Deploy highly available non-Mailbox servers
Module 8: Implementing Backup and Recovery
- Plan backup and recovery
- Back up Exchange Server 2010
- Restore Exchange Server 2010
Module 9: Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Explain the messaging policy and compliance requirements and options
- Configure transport rules
- Configure journaling and discovery rules
- Configure Messaging Records Management
- Configure mailbox archiving
Module 10: Securing Exchange Server 2010
- Configure role-based access control
- Configure security for each Exchange Server role
- Configure secure Internet access to Exchange Server
Module 11: Maintaining Exchange Server 2010
- Monitor Exchange Server 2010
- Maintain Exchange Server 2010
- Troubleshoot Exchange Server 2010
Module 12: Transitioning from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Transitioning to Exchange Server 2010 Overview
- Transitioning from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010
Appendix A: Implementing Unified Messaging
- Describe the telephony components and protocols
- Describe the functionality of the Unified Messaging server role
- Configure the Unified Messaging server role
Appendix B: Advanced Topics in Exchange Server 2010
- Implement high availability solutions for multiple sites
- Implement Federated Sharing